Indianapolis Car Accident Attorneys Fight for Justice for Those Injured in a Car Wreck
Indianapolis, Indiana, home to the well-known Skyline and Butler University, has close to one million people living in the city. This large number causes the roadways to become congested and dangerous. “Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and accounts for 2.2% of all deaths globally,” according to the Association For Safe International Travel (ASIRT).
Car accidents are a commonality across the United States. With the high percentage rate nationally, it’s vital to pay attention to the condition of our roadways and practice safety while driving.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident or experienced the wrongful death of a family member as a result of a car wreck, our Indianapolis car accident attorneys at the Ken Nunn Law Office can help you fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
The metro area can be dangerous for drivers on the highways. Some of the most dangerous roadways in Indianapolis include:
- I-65 and I-70
- 38th Street and Lafayette Road
- Albany Street and Madison Avenue
- 82nd Street and Allison Road
- Rockville Road and Girls School Road
- Emerson Avenue and Southport Road
- 86th Street and Ditch Road
- Fall Creek Parkway North Drive and East 38th Street
- Raymond Street and Shelby Street
- 86th Street and Michigan Road
How to Proceed After a Motor Vehicle Accident
The manner in which you handle the moments immediately following a car accident are important, especially if you decide to file a claim. Listed below are tips you can follow after you have been in an automobile wreck:
- Assess the situation- Safety should be the top priority and it’s important to check if you or anyone else has been injured
- Call first responders
- Make sure you ask for contact information and insurance policy information from the driver
- If there were any witnesses, ask for their information
- Take photographs of the accident and the area where the collision occurred
- Inform your insurance company you were in a car wreck
- Contact an Indianapolis car accident attorney to determine any legal options you may have
Five Things You Should Never Do After an Accident
- Never flee the scene of a car crash
- Never admit fault to an accident
- Never assume you suffered injuries without being evaluated by a doctor first
- Never give a recorded statement to the driver’s insurance company without speaking to a lawyer
- Never lie to your attorney about the details of the accident, because it could impact your case
What Can You Receive for Your Injuries?
Compensation is a financial award granted to someone who suffered injuries, damages, or loss due to the negligent actions of another individual.
Compensation is meant to help alleviate some of the burdens an injured people may experience after an accident, whether physical or emotional. In cases involving motor vehicle accidents, compensation can possibly cover:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Future earnings
- Rehabilitation expenses
Proving Fault When the Accident Was Not Your Fault
There are various factors that are taken into account when attempting to determine the amount of compensation the injured party is entitled to, including medical bills, the severity of the injuries, and the damages that were caused as a result of the accident.
Evidence plays a vital part in building a strong case. Our team at the Ken Nunn Law Office can help you gather the necessary evidence to support your injury case.
Contact Ken Nunn Today!
At the Ken Nunn Law Office, we have a proven history and reputation of helping injured people in Indiana for over 50 years.
Our Indianapolis car accident attorneys know how difficult it can be to face insurance companies without legal advice. We believe our clients should receive high-quality legal representation and be treated with the utmost respect. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck, call us today at (317) 636-2236 or fill out our free consultation form.