An Indiana personal injury attorney can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to receive for your accident claim. Insurance companies prefer victims represent themselves because most people who hire an attorney receive a higher amount of compensation. While this is not guaranteed, it is always in your best interest to consult with a personal injury lawyer, especially since it is free to talk to us and to get our advice.
Because we are only paid after we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf, it does not cost you anything to have the best legal representation in Bloomington and throughout Indiana.
Benefits of Hiring an Indiana Personal Injury Attorney After an Accident
- Reduced Stress – Dealing with an aggressive insurance company and insurance adjuster regarding your claim can be overwhelming as you struggle to recover physically and emotionally from your injuries. A personal injury attorney deals with the insurance company on your behalf to reduce your stress level. This allows you to focus on your health and recovery.
- Protects You From Insurance Company Tactics – You may believe the insurance company is working for you — it is not! The insurance company is working for itself; therefore, it wants to pay you the least amount of money to settle your claim. The company may go as far as trying to obtain information to use against you by requesting a medical release and/or written or recorded statement before you can consult with an attorney. Do not fall for these tactics. Hire a personal injury attorney whose sole priority is you.
- Calculates the True Value of Your Accident Claim – It is difficult to value an accident claim unless you have extensive experience representing accident victims. An experienced Indiana personal injury attorney understands the importance of waiting until you reach maximum medical recovery before negotiating any settlement offers. You cannot know the true value of your accident claim until you fully recover. A personal injury attorney also understands all of the various types of damages you may be entitled to receive including compensation for your non-economic damages including physical pain, mental anguish, emotional stress, scarring, disability, and disfigurement.
- Indiana’s Statute of Limitation – A personal injury attorney understands the importance of researching the statute of limitation that applies to your injury case. If you fail to act before the expiration of the statute of limitation, you are barred from receiving compensation for your injury.
- Understanding of Insurance Coverage – In addition to payment from the at-fault party’s insurance company, you may be entitled to receive compensation from your own insurance company under your underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage. A personal injury attorney understands that multiple insurance policies may apply in a case; therefore, the attorney researches all possible sources of compensation to maximize your recovery.
- Subrogation Rights – In some cases, your health insurance provider may be entitled to reimbursement for any payments it made on medical bills related to the accident. Subrogation laws are complex and difficult to understand and the process of settling subrogation rights can be lengthy and time-consuming. Your attorney understands the laws regarding subrogation rights and how to work with insurance companies and medical providers to mitigate the effects of subrogation rights on your accident compensation.
- Deciding Whether to Settle Your Claim – An experienced Indiana personal injury attorney is a skilled negotiator in addition to a trained and highly effective trial attorney. The attorney will use all of the law firm’s resources, experience, and knowledge of accident claims to negotiate a fair and just settlement in your accident case. Through years of experience, the attorney can determine if the amount offered is fair or if you will have an increased change of receiving a just and fair amount by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Representing You in Court – If you and your personal injury attorney determine that filing a personal injury lawsuit is in your best interest, the attorney will handle all of the legal matters related to researching and drafting the legal documents; filing the lawsuit; dealing with opposing counsel; following all court procedures and rules; identifying key eyewitnesses and expert witnesses; preparing you for trial; and, representing you at the trial and any other hearings.
Types of Accident Claims We Handle
The Ken Nunn Law Offices has over 48 years of experience representing accident victims throughout Indiana who have been injured because of:
- Car Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Workplace Injuries
- Dangerous Prescription Drugs
- Dangerous Products
- Wrongful Death
Unfortunately, accidents happen every day. The sooner you contact our office the quicker we can begin working on your case and protecting your interests. We urge you to hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident to prevent crucial evidence from being lost or destroyed. You deserve to have the best legal counsel available when you have been hurt due to another person’s negligence.
Call The Ken Nunn Law Office 24/7 at 1-800-CALL-KEN or 1-800-225-5536 for a free legal consultation or contact our office through Live Chat online.