There are dozens of automobile accidents in Indianapolis every day. Many of these accidents occur as a result of someone who was texting, talking on their phone, or simply not paying attention. These accidents can be severe, and it is important that you know what to do in the event of an accident.
Here are some important steps to follow should you be involved in an car accident
- If there is damage to your vehicle or there is an injury, contact the police to have an official report filled out and the paramedics to tend to the injured.
- If you are involved in an accident, and an injury occurs, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your injuries should be assessed at the emergency room, by paramedics, or at an urgent care facility. Be sure to keep all of your paperwork and discharge papers from the hospital or urgent care facility.
- Be sure to exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver.
- If possible take pictures at the scene of the accident.
- See if there were any witnesses and try to make sure they speak with the police.
Sometimes injuries can be very severe in a car accident. These injuries can cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages. If you have suffered serious injuries in an accident and the insurance company is giving you a hard time about compensating you, then you should consider contacting our Indianapolis auto accident lawyers.
An attorney will review your case and they will fight for you against the big insurance companies. They will takeover handling all interactions with the insurance company, giving you the time you need to get better. While it is possible to represent yourself against the insurance company, it can be a daunting task if you are not familiar with the laws and legal jargon.
For more information and a review of your case, please contact us.