Secure & Confidential

Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers | Ken Nunn Law Office

Serious Injury and Wrongful Death

1-800 CALL-KEN

Call now 1-800-225-5536


We are available 24/7!

Se habla español

Hurt In Any Accident?

What You Need to Know if You’ve Been Hurt in Indiana


Have you been hurt in Indiana?

If you have been hurt in Indiana because of another person’s careless, negligent, or reckless acts, you have the right to receive compensation for your injuries. The right to receive compensation for injuries is a fundamental right of injured victims under Indiana’s personal injury laws. Money cannot undo the damage that has already been done; however, you should not be required to bear the financial burden caused by the negligence of another party.

Our experienced personal injury attorneys understand that dealing with an injury of any type can be emotionally draining and frustrating. We give you peace of mind by professionally handling your personal injury claim to seek accountability from the responsible party so that you can focus on what is truly important — your recovery and your family.

Top 10 Things You Need to Know When You Are Hurt in Indiana

When you are hurt in Indiana by another person or another party, you have rights. The 10 most important things you need to know about your personal injury rights in Indiana are:

  1. Time is of the essence! One of the main things you need to know if you have been hurt in Indiana is you only have a limited time to exercise your right to receive compensation from the at-fault party. Indiana’s Statute of Limitations sets deadlines for filing a personal injury lawsuit. You must act now to preserve and maximize the value of your personal injury claim. If you have been hurt in Indiana, please call our office now to discuss the steps you need to take to ensure you receive a just and fair settlement for your injuries.
  2. You have the right to the best legal counsel available. You do not need to face insurance companies and aggressive insurance adjusters alone. You have the right to be represented by an attorney to ensure you are treated fairly by the insurance company for the at-fault party.
  3. You must act even more quickly if a government entity is involved. If you are filing a claim against a government entity, notice must be sent in accordance with Indiana statutes. Failure to provide notice in compliance with the strict time limits will result in a complete denial of your claim.
  4. You have the right to receive compensation for out-of-pocket losses. Out-of-pocket losses include your medical bills, property damages, lost wages, funeral expenses, travel expense, prescription medications, over-the-counter medical supplies, medical equipment, and other expenses directly related to your injury.
  5. You have the right to receive compensation for non-economic losses. In addition to receiving compensation for your actual financial damages, you have the right to receive compensation for your other damages. Non-economic damages include physical pain, emotional suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, permanent disability, disfigurement, and scarring.
  6. You have the right to receive punitive damages. If the at-fault party was grossly negligent (i.e. drunk driving or reckless driving), you may have the right to receive punitive damages in addition to your economic and non-economic damages.
  7. You do not have to sign a release without consulting with an attorney. The insurance company may try to get you to sign a release to “verify your injuries” or pay for your property damages before you consult with an attorney. This is not in your best interest. You should always consult with an attorney before signing any releases or other insurance documents.
  8. You have the right to consult an attorney prior to giving a written or recorded statement. The same applies to providing an accident statement or injury statement. You should always consult an attorney prior to providing any statements regarding the accident or your injuries.
  9. The insurance company for the other driver can repair your car with used parts. Unless your own insurance company is making the repairs to your car AND your car is five years old or less, the insurance company for the other driver has the right to utilize used car parts when repairing your vehicle.
  10. You have the right to choose your own doctor. The insurance company for the other cannot deny your right to choose your own doctor for medical treatment.

Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle

Examples of the types of accident cases The Ken Nunn Law office handles include:

  • Car Accidents
  • Slip and Falls
  • Wrongful Death
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Workers’ Compensation
  • Dangerous Prescription Drugs
  • Dangerous Products

Have You Been Hurt in Indiana?

We are here when you need us! Contact The Ken Nunn Law Office 24/7 through Live Chat online or by using our online contact form. Call our office at 1-800-CALL-KEN or 1-800-225-5536 to schedule a free consultation. You can talk to us for free!  Know your rights if you have been hurt in Indiana before you talk to an insurance company about compensation for your injuries.

Secure & Confidential


Featured In

  • lower_icons_yf
  • lower_icons_cncb
  • lower_icons_mw
  • lower_icons_nw
  • lower_icons_rt
  • lower_icons_tal
  • lower_icons_usat
  • lower_icons_wsj
  • nationallawjournalJPEG
  • IndyStarLogoJPEG2