If you’ve been driving in Indiana in the past weeks, maybe even the past months, you’ve been encountering snow and ice. The bad news is that the road conditions are dangerous. The good news is at least your car is still running, something that you don’t want to take for granted when temperatures drop below freezing.
As auto accident lawyers in Indianapolis, we know that accidents usually only occur when you’re moving, but we don’t want to keep you off the road all together, we just want you to be safe. So here are some tips from AAA on how to keep your automobile up and running in these harsh conditions.
- Have WD-40 handy to spray into your car’s key holes in order to keep your locks from freezing.
- If your locks do happen to freeze, NEVER pour hot water on the lock or try to force a key in. Instead use a proper de-icer.
- If you want to avoid a frozen gas line, try to keep your tank at least halfway full.
- If your car is sitting outside, don’t wash it. It’s the quickest way to make it an icebox.
- If your windshield wipers aren’t free from snow and ice before you turn them on, you can easily damage the blades themselves or the motor that drives them.
- Most importantly, NEVER start your car in an enclosed area. Having a warm vehicle to get into is not worth the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Hurt in an Auto Accident? The Ken Nunn Law Office Can Help!
The Ken Nunn Law Office wants you to do everything you can to be safe in these dangerous conditions. Unfortunately, along with snow and ice on our roads, there are also negligent drivers. But if they cause you harm, our Indianapolis auto accident attorneys can help.
You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries, but this isn’t a battle you want to fight alone. Let us help by offering a FREE case review of your Indianapolis auto accident claim when you contact us.