According to the 2016 County Profiles provided by the Indiana University Public Policy Institute, 223,734 crashes in Indiana resulted in 821 deaths during 2016. Traffic accidents have increased in Indiana each year since 2012. As traffic crashes continue to increase, the chance you might be involved in a car accident also increases.
Our Indianapolis Car Accident Attorneys work diligently with each client to protect the client’s right to recover full compensation for the injury claim, regardless of the cause of the crash, the severity of the injuries, or the parties involved. We treat each case with the same level of dedication and aggressiveness as we fight for justice for our clients.
To learn more about the types of car accidents our attorneys handle and how we can help you with your injury claim, call 1-800-CALL-KEN or 1-800-225-5536 for a free consultation with an attorney.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Indianapolis
Our Indianapolis Car Accident Attorneys have the experience, resources, and knowledge to handle any type of car accident claim. There are a few common causes of car accidents that we see more often in our personal injury law firm because these car accident causes seem to be increasing in number throughout the nation:
- Distracted Driving — Distracted driving has become a severe problem across the board for drivers of passenger vehicles to bus drivers, commercial truck drivers, and train conductors. Remember, it is never safe to do anything, even adjust the radio volume, if that activity takes your focus off the road and off the task of driving.
- Speeding and Other Traffic Infractions — Speeding has become another serious problem on our roads. During 2016, there were 21,209 speed-related collisions in Indiana. Other traffic infractions that cause crashes include following too closely, driving the wrong way, and failing to yield the right of way.
- Alcohol-Impaired Driving — With the enormous amount of education online, on television, in schools, and on billboards, it is surprising that alcohol-related accidents are still an issue. In 2016, alcohol-impaired crashes accounted for 4,783 of the traffic accidents in Indiana that year.
- Drowsy Driving and Fatigued Driving — Even losing just a few hours of sleep can increase your risk of a drowsy driving accident. Commercial truck drivers, drivers with sleeping disorders, and drivers who take some medications can be at a higher risk for causing drowsy driving accidents.
- Aggressive Driving and Road Rage — Swerving in and out of traffic, tailgating, illegally passing vehicles, slamming on brakes, running red lights, yelling at other drivers, and excessively honking the horn are examples of aggressive driving and road rage.
- Dangerous Road Condition and Weather Condition — In addition to the actions of other drivers, the road conditions and weather conditions can contribute to the cause of an accident. When a dangerous or defective road condition is responsible for the crash, you might be able to sue the government agency in charge of the road.
- Defective Parts or Maintenance — In some crashes, a defective part or negligence maintenance may play a factor in the cause of the crash. Identifying the defective part or negligent act is crucial in filing a successful injury claim.
Traffic accidents occur for a variety of reasons and involve a variety of parties. You may have two passenger cars involved in a crash or a passenger car and a large truck in a collision. In another crash, you might have a motorcycle versus an SUV or an accident involving a pedestrian or a bicyclist. An experienced Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney can help you sort through the details to determine how the collision occurred and identify the liable parties based on fault for the crash. You must prove fault if you are going to recover money for your claim.
Types of Car Accident Damages
Regardless of the type of vehicle involved in a crash or the parties involved in a car accident, the result is the same — someone experiences damages, including physical, economic, emotional, mental, and property damages. The damages in your claim depend on a variety of factors, including the type of injury, the severity of the injury, financial damages, length of recovery, and any permanent disabilities or disfigurements.
Our Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney works diligently to maximize the amount of money you can receive by helping you carefully document each expense, bill, and loss. In addition, we help you develop a pain and suffering journal for you to use as you document the details of your recovery for your pain and suffering claim. Our support and guidance through each step of the injury claims process will be invaluable to you and your family.
Call Now for a Free Consultation with an Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney
You can contact The Ken Nunn Law Office anytime during the date or night through our Live Chat online or by calling 1-800-CALL-KEN or 1-800-225-5536. Contact our office now to learn more about how we can help you hold the negligent party who caused your injury responsible and liable.