If your child suffers from Cerebral Palsy and you believe medical malpractice may have played a role, then you need to contact the Cerebral Palsy lawyers at the Ken Nunn Law Office immediately. We will work hard to help you receive the maximum compensation needed to care for your disabled child.
Cerebral Palsy is a group of disorders associated with loss of movement or nerve functions, caused by brain injuries during fetal development or labor and delivery. Cerebral Palsy occurs more often than you might think; experts estimate as many as two to four babies out of every 1,000 suffer from it. Cerebral Palsy can be caused by a number of unpreventable circumstances, but it can also result from poor medical care.
What kind of malpractice could lead to Cerebral Palsy?
- Failure to adequately monitor the fetus during pregnancy or labor – or failure to take action when the fetus’ condition changes.
- Failure to adequately monitor the mother during pregnancy – or failure to take action when the mother’s condition changes.
- Failure to perform a Cesarean section when necessary due to fetal or maternal distress.
- Failure to order specific tests during pregnancy, or not correctly interpreting these tests.
- Improper use of labor-inducing drugs like Pitocin.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain and/or trauma to the head during labor and delivery.
If you believe a doctor’s error could have caused your child’s Cerebral Palsy, you should seek experienced lawyers immediately. The expense of medical procedures, special education, orthopedic braces and other appliances can be overwhelming. Don’t wait to protect your child’s rights. The State of Indiana has laws that determine how much time you have to file a medical malpractice claim. The longer you wait, the harder it may be to assemble detailed evidence and solid medical testimony. The Indiana Medical Malpractice Act mandates that all lawsuit claims must be reviewed by a medical review panel before the claim can be filed in court.
When dealing with complex malpractice laws, you need an experienced litigator to make your case. How do you choose the right lawyer? The answer is simple — Choose Ken Nunn. Put my experience on your side. I want nothing more than to see my clients able to live normal, happy lives. I have dedicated my life to fighting for the rights of Indiana’s injured. Money can never undo the harm done to your child’s health, but it can help pay for quality treatment and long-term care.
When you need an aggressive Indiana lawyer on your side, call Ken Nunn at 1-800-CALL-KEN. We believe in returning phone calls fast! A quick and easy online form is available if you need to GET HELP NOW. The initial consultation is free and the clock is running, so don’t delay. Contact us today!