Experiencing a personal injury can be very stressful. Medical bills, doctor visits and lost wages feel as if they consume the majority of your day. This is why obtaining a personal injury lawyer is in your best interest. They will take you step by step through the entire claim process. You will soon realize there are numerous Indiana personal injury lawyers wanting your business. It is important to find a lawyer that meets your needs and expectations. Following, are 4 characteristics to look for. `
1. Specialized: This one may seem obvious, but it is extremely important. Many lawyers specialize in personal injury claims. However, you should still do research on the type of cases they handle regularly. According to an article by The Law Dictionary, “95 percent to 96 percent of personal injury cases are settled pretrial.” Following, are a few questions to ask:
- What is your settlement and trial numbers?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine?
2. Involvement: Involvement is a major need. You want your lawyer to be involved in every aspect of your case. All lawyers have supporting staff to assist on cases, but you do not want them doing everything. Ask your potential lawyer the following:
- Who else in your office will be working on the case?
- How often do you meet with these workers?
3. Accessible: Your lawyer should be easily reached. Your calls or emails should be answered in a timely manner. In addition, your lawyer should be willing to meet outside of the office if necessary. A few things to ask:
- What form of communication will be used to let me know the state of my case?
- How often can I expect to hear from you?
4. Compassionate: Your lawyer should make you feel comfortable. This is something you will notice during your initial meeting. They should not rush you and should listen to all of your concerns. Every question you have needs to be answered and explained thoroughly.
The above is a good starting point to find a personal injury lawyer to meet your needs. Your case should be important to them. To learn more about qualified personal injury lawyers, contact us.