The railroads have millions of dollars and hundreds of lawyers whose goal is protect them from lawsuits and deny liability. If you or a loved one have been injured or lost their life due to a railroad accident, you need fighters like the railroad accident lawyers at Ken Nunn Law Office on your side to get the settlement you deserve. I have helped many people who have been injured or the families of those who have been wrongfully killed because of poorly designed railroad crossings and negligent acts on the part of the railroads themselves.
If the insurance adjuster offers you money, how do you know the offer is fair? You’ll never know unless you contact us.
The most common types of train accidents are collisions with other trains, collisions with passenger vehicles and single train accidents. Railroad accidents can also cause secondary conditions such as fires and hazardous waste spills.
The Federal Railroad Administration reports that more than half of all railroad accidents occur at unprotected crossings and more than 80 percent of railroad crossings don’t have adequate warning devices.
The main causes of train accidents include:
- Poor visibility
- Failure to maintain crossings (lights, crossing guards, warning signs)
- Mechanical failure
- Engine error
- Failure to warn of an approaching train
- Poorly trained operators
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Failure to maintain tracks
- Inexperienced passenger vehicle drivers
When dealing with this kind of accident, you need a train accident lawyer who has the experience and the resources to investigate and gather evidence from the scene of a train wreck. If you or someone you know have been hurt in a car/train collision, call me immediately. I will help you every step of the way.
Pick up the phone and call Ken Nunn NOW at 1-800-CALL-KEN or GET HELP NOW! through our online form. I proudly serve clients all over the great state of Indiana.
Latest posts by The Ken Nunn Law Office (see all)
- Indianapolis Accident Lawyers Want You to Watch Out for Black Ice - November 14, 2014
- Indianapolis Wrongful Death Lawyers Want to See Justice When Negligence Harms Our Children - November 12, 2014
- Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyers Note Double-decker Bus Crash With Injuries - November 10, 2014