Cancer is devastating under any circumstance. But what if your doctor made a mistake and failed to properly diagnose your disease, costing you months or years of your life? Cancer misdiagnosis happens more frequently than you think. It can turn a more treatable Stage I disease into a complicated and deadly condition. If your life has been impacted by a misdiagnosis like this, my cancer misdiagnosis lawyers and I would like to help you.
We all count on doctors to make important decisions each day. However, experts estimate that doctors misdiagnose up to 20% of fatal illnesses, including cancer. It’s true that many cancers can be hard to detect, but sometimes you don’t receive a proper diagnosis of cancer right away because your doctor or other medical professionals made a mistake.
Cancer misdiagnosis can be caused by a number of errors, including:
- A cancerous lesion is missed in the biopsy.
- A malignant mass is diagnosed as benign.
- A malignant tumor is misclassified.
- Specimens are mishandled, improperly read or interpreted by pathology.
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist for additional testing.
- Failure to adequately screen for increased risk patients.
- Failure to understand or notice the nature of a patient’s complaints.
Misdiagnosis can occur in any type of cancer, but certain types are more prone to error:
- Cervical and ovarian
- Colon / rectal
- Lung and thoracic
When cancer misdiagnosis occurs as the result of medical error or negligence, you and your family deserve justice – but the legal system can be difficult to navigate without proper representation. The state of Indiana has laws that determine how long you have to file a medical malpractice claim. Typically you have two years from the date of injury or, in the case of cancer misdiagnosis, two years from the time you discover the misdiagnosis. The Indiana Medical Malpractice Act also mandates that all medical malpractice claims must be reviewed by a medical review panel before the claim can be filed in court.
When dealing with complex malpractice laws, you need experienced cancer lawyers to make your case. How do you choose the right lawyers? The answer is simple – choose the Ken Nunn Law Office. Put my experience on your side. I have dedicated my life to fighting for the rights of Indiana’s injured. Money can never undo the harm done to your health and your family, but it can help pay for medical treatment or provide compensation for lost income and other costs.
When you need a malpractice lawyer on your side, call Ken Nunn at 1-800-CALL-KEN. We believe in returning phone calls fast! A quick and easy online form is available if you prefer. The initial consultation is free and the clock is running, so don’t delay. Contact us today!
Latest posts by The Ken Nunn Law Office (see all)
- Mega Lawsuit From Megabus Accident | Ken Nunn - January 7, 2015
- Indianapolis Accident Lawyers Want You to Watch Out for Black Ice - November 14, 2014
- Indianapolis Wrongful Death Lawyers Want to See Justice When Negligence Harms Our Children - November 12, 2014